Srinagar, Dec 22: Three persons from North Kashmir’s Kupwara district living in a rented house in Srinagar uptown were injured after a Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder went off in the kitchen.
The incident occurred late Wednesday night in the Gonikhan area of Srinagar city.
Sources told the news agency that three persons present in the kitchen who all hail from the Kupwara district sustained burn injuries in the cylinder blast and were taken to SMHS Hospital for treatment.
Hospital sources identified the trio as Tanveer Ahmad Raina son of Nazir Ahmad, a resident of Jummagund Kupwara, Nissar Ahmad Mir son of Muhammad Gulzar and Musharaf Khaliq Mir son of Abdul Khaliq both residents of Taratpora Kuwpara.
Police in this regard have registered a case under relevant sections of law.